Thursday, January 20, 2011

Accountant of Shop, Swipe, and Shush Journal

Journal,
       Today was a real pain in the you know what. I know that we said the citizens are not to complain, but this has got to be the millionth "Happiness Fulfillment" form that I have approved. I really hope all these citizens that are turning in these forms have good intentions and are not illegally filling them out. We give them money but we cannot possibly direct every single dollar and cent to the item that the citizen needs or wants. So, hopefully they are putting the money they receive to good use and we are putting the money in the proper hands.
       Everyday, I come to the office and sit down for eight hours and go through dozens of forms. It gets tiring because sometimes I know that some of the things people put on the forms are not reasonable, but I still have to be optimistic and approve it. I think I work the hardeset out of the rest of the government because I am the only one who handles to paperwork and money issues. I get no help whatsoever. Imagine having stacks and stacks of paper on your desk everyday and once you are done with one stack there is still a trail of them left. It gets tiring.
      Whenever I need to relax, I always go to the church that is in the Shop House, which is also the headquarters of the president. I pray during my breaks and my lunches because that is what calms me down. I do not usually have an appetite after all the paperwork I go through, so it is my way to relax. I just pray hoping that I will find some peace of mind. At the end of the day, I am relieved because I go home to my loving family and am thankful I have them to keep me sane. At night, I always wonder why I do not just steal all the island's money and run away with my family since I get so tired of my job. I guess I'll always be wondering that, Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment