Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wife and Mother Journal

My dearest Journal,
       Everyday I wake up being thankful for the government of Shop, Swipe, and Shush. They know how to take care of their citizens. If it was not for them, I would not have been able to finish my studies as a teenager, marry at the right age, and have three beautiful children who also have the opportunnity to do well. The government is our savior. Before, I though that there was no hope in having a better life because my family was so poor at the Greed, Grudge, and Grinch island, but then we moved here for free and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Now, my family and I are properly taken care of through the help of the government.
       I have simple tasks, duties, and responsibilies to complete every day. All I have to do is go to work, pick up my kids from school, cook dinner for my dear family, and make sure that my husband and my kids day went well. My job is to make sure they are happy. If I am ever even in the slightest bit of trouble with money, I just have to fill out a "Happiness Fulfillment" form and write out the things my family and I need and want. I am so grateful that life is much more simple on the island of Shop, Swipe, and Shush than on Greed, Grudge, and Grinch. I am actually excited to wake up the next morning because I have no worries!
You want to know something, my ever so dearest Jounarl? Sometimes I slip in a lie or two on the "Happiness Fulfillment" form just because I need a little bit of retail therapy myself. I always try not go overboard though. I just buy at least three new heels a month. My family has not found out yet, so hopefully the secret never gets out. I do not want them to think I am materialistic. It is just the only breather I get from being a wife and mother and girls just wanna shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment